from Murrieta, CA
Cruising Southern California in a Ford is the best!
1951 Ford Country Squire 'Woodie'
- Engine: Ford 5.0L
- Engine Parts: Stock
- Transmission: Ford AOD
- Suspension: Mustang II front, Posie Super Slides rear
- Brakes: Baer power disc on all four corners
- Tires: Goodyear
- Exhaust: Ford SVT headers with 'very mellow' muffler
- Other: Billet Specialties Tru-Trac Serpentine System
- Upholstery: Leather - designed and installed by Sid Chavers
- Seats: Front - 1996 Chrysler LeBaron, Rear - Custom
- Steering Wheel: Billet Specialties - Leather wrapped
- Steering Column: Idit tilt - painted
- Gauges: Re-furbished/updated stock and clock
- Pedals: Swinging vs through the floor
- Noise & Heat Insulation: Dynamat
- A/C & Heat: Vintage Air
- Body Mods: Smoothed - front, back, and side!
- Paint: PPG - Midnight Emerald Green
- Wheels: Billet Specialties - 17"
- Lights: LED parking and tail
- Other: Beautiful wood - maple and mahogany by Rick Mack
Audio & Electronics
- Head Unit: Alpine
- Amplifier: Alpine
- Battery: Optimum
History of this Vehicle
History before my purchase is unknown. Answered small newspaper ad in Bay Area newspaper. Located in former farm tractor barn stall along with mice and various other ‘animals’. Car in rough shape (rust, no usable wood panels, etc) but all pieces were there except wood paneling and spare tire equipment. Purchased for $2,000 in March 1993. Needed cables from the tow truck to drag out of ‘barn’ and load onto flatbed truck. ‘Dumped’ on our driveway a hour later with neighbors expressing their dis-belief and wife indicating that she hoped ‘there was a pony somewhere in this pile of xxxx’. Construction took a total of 7 1/2 years which included some ‘time outs’ to catch our breath, accumulate more money, and the ‘wait to get back in line’ at the body shop and wood shop. Car first shown at Goodguys West Coast Nationals August 2000. Recognised by Boyd Coddington at this event with ‘Fab Four Pick’ (out of 3,500+/- cars in attendence).
Plans for this Vehicle
Keep driving it to car shows with friends in the Axle Draggers and Drifters…both car clubs in Southern California.
Sponsors & Special Thanks
My ‘automotive cheer leader’ – Ron Wright. Owner of Campberll Ford Performance located in Campbell, CA. His knowledge, skill, integrity and friendship has allowed me to complete this and other ‘hot rod’ projects.