42 year old
from Pittsburgh PA
Drawing, Drawing, Drawing!
1960 GMC Panel carryall
- Engine: 305 V6 big block
- Engine Parts: Oil bath air cleaner
- Transmission: Stock
- Suspension: Stock
- Brakes: Stock
- Tires: Goodyear
- Exhaust: Dual too the chrome tips coming out before the rear wheels
- Upholstery: Stock
- Seats: Stock
- Steering Wheel: Stock
- Steering Column: Stock
- Gauges: Stock
- Pedals: Stock
- Noise & Heat Insulation: Stock
- Seals & Gaskets: Old and needs replacing
- A/C & Heat: Heater and an interior fan
- Other: Stock
- Body Mods: Side slider window cut into the panel
- Paint: Faded red with original pinstriping
- Wheels: Stock slit rims with center caps
- Trim: Chrome
- Lights: emergency lights all a round
- Other: A wopping rear bumper
Audio & Electronics
Blaizy is a one of a kind fire rescue truck.
History of this Vehicle
This 1960 GMC panel/ carryall was in service at the Burgettstown vol Fire Dept. in western PA. till 1995.
It has most of the original equipment minus a few fire implementations. ( which I am presently try to find )
It has a 305 V6 big block with 40,000 easy ones on it.
I Purchased it in March of 09 and look forward to sharing some time at shows in 2010.
I am going to look up and visit the Burgettstown Fire Dept. for any other history.
Plans for this Vehicle
Right now I plan on leaving it just the way it is. ( its kinda ratty ) But as my business grows I want to start a basic restoration (fix the rust), and some new paint. I am going to try my hand at pinstriping her which i’m sure is no easy task.
Down the road ( with more expendable funds ) a complete body off would be the right way to go. She is very clean in and out so I am hoping it should’nt be so bad.
Right now though it is a blast to drive and I can cary all my artwork and t-shirts to sell at local shows.
Sponsors & Special Thanks