63 Corvair Custom Street Rod-Blower Motor–Trophy Winner
ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND EXHAUST:
· All new 350 Blower Motor with approximately 750+ hp with a 100 miles or less on it.
· Fully Polished 671 Blower from “The Blower Shop”
· Two (2) Chrome Plated Holley Carbs
· Electric Water Pump
· Electric Fuel Pump
· Fenderwell Headers
· Aluminum Radiator wit Electric Fans
· Chrome Starter
· Aluminum Fin Oil Pan
· Custom Scoop
· Dual Air Cleaners in the Scoop
· Headers with dual exhaust to underside of body near doors.
TRANSMISSION: Re-worked Turbo 350 with 3500 Stall Convertor with Aluminum Fin Transmission Pan.
REAR: 9” Ford Posi Rear with wheelie bars attached.
· BUMPERS – Front and rear bumpers are in excellent condition.
· WINDOWS – All windows are in good condition. All side windows roll up and down easily.
· PAINT - Very nice clean paint with a very straight body. WINDOW MOLDING – Window molding is in super nice condition.
· HEADLIGHTS – Headlights are in good working order.
· TIRES/WHEELS – Rims are SS Craigers. Fronts are 15×4 with new tires. Backs are 15×10 with cheater slicks.
· HOOD – There is a hood that goes with the car, but it is not finished to match the rest of the car.
· DOORS – Doors open and close very easily with no sag.
· BODY – Body has been fully restored and is rust free.
· FLOOR BOARDS - Floor boards are in solid condition.
· EMBLEMS - Emblems are in very nice condition.
· FRAME – The frame is a fully boxed custom with straight axle with leaf springs and chrome front shocks. (See pictures for more details)
· PARACHUTE – NHRA approved parachute.
· GAS TANK – 10 to 15 Gallon Aluminum Fuel Cell.
· ROCKERS – Both rockers are original and are in very solid condition.
· FRONT SEATS – Front buckets seats that have been newly recovered.
· REAR SEATS – Full rear seat that has been newly recovered.
· DOOR PANELS – Door panels are new.
· CARPET – New carpet.
· DASH – Original dash in good condition.
· TRUNK AND DOOR RUBBER- Rubber is all new.
· RADIO – Original radio goes with car.
· SEAT BELTS – Car has front safety belts that are new.
· SHOW BAR – Car has a new show bar.
· SHIFTER – Car has a custom floor shifter.
· Four wheel disc brakes
What would Ralph Nader say about this? Did anyone ever maker a bumper sticker Nader Hater? I like the Gaser look. Great job. I think GM should have taken the Corvair and gone after the Ford GT market. Could you Imagen a mid-engine V8 in a 69 spider….
Did you build this car???? I ask because there is a car virtually identical to this here in the Baltimore area,,,,at least there was!!!
i have a bid on it on ebay
That’s the one !!!! The car looks as good in person as it does in the pics. I can’t speak to the build quality, but the owner has been building some cool shit for years!!!! Good luck with the auction!!!!
Since it looks like the original owner no longer has it…....I feel it’s ok to say that the 1st owner/builder has been suffering from diabetes and hasn’t been doing too well. I do not know the subsequent owner, But Dick is a great guy and as stated above has been on the car scene around here for years and has built some really cool rides !!!!
Thats the coolest Corvair Ive ever seen,to freakin cool.
Do you still have the gasser Corvair?
WAY KOOOOL CORVAIR !!! Back In Th Day I Had Corvairs. Including A “WILD CUSTOM” 62-MONZA CORVAIR!! I Called It.. ’’My HOT WHEELS CORVAIR’’ !!! Take A Look In My Garage..Under.. Things I Remember(Only One Picture- Others Lost Over Time)But..Nothing As Radical ’’Drive Train Wise’’ As This !!Great Job.. ....John !!!!!!
Signup or log in to post comments.