Ready for Summer
This March it was nice and warm so I got a lot of work done on the 69 Charger:
1. Installed repaired instrument panel and a new speedometer cable to feed the speedo – all gauges work great and the speedo tracks closely with GPS speed.
2. Am getting much better oil pressure using Mobil 1 15W – 50 oil in the 383 engine. Thanks for the tip Troy Martinson of R/T garage.
3. Got a lot of grease out of the parking brake mechanism so now that parking brake rachet pawl way up on top of the brake mechanism sometimes worked, and sometimes didn’t. Better than before when it never worked. But I rigged up a fix using small springs so now it works all the time. If you want to know how I fixed it, let me know. The parking brake design is pretty bad and it looks very tough to remove and replace.
4. With the parking brake fixed, checked the 727 xmission fluid level and found it a quart high!!!!! Drained the quart out and the transmission works just fine like it always did and fluid looks OK; clear and no burned smell. Sharadon of Hugo MN had replaced filter and fluid and also added the extra quart. Thanks.